1. The Trustees have chosen the following themes for the Keith Wingrove Memorial design Award:
- Best overall bookplate design by any Australian artist
- Best overall bookplate design by any non-Australian artist
- Best etched bookplate design by any Australian artist
- Best relief print bookplate design by any Australian artist
- Best Australian Tertiary student design
- Best Australian Secondary student design
- Best Australian Primary student design.
2. In order to qualify in any category the following minimum conditions will apply:
- The bookplate will mention the owner’s name
- The bookplate must be appropriate for marking the ownership of books
- The Bookplate owner must be a living person or an existing Institution
- The design will incorporate the words Ex Libris or similar designation, such as His Book or Her Book.
- The image will have a maximum height of 15cm and width of 15cm
- The image will be printed on paper to a maximum size of A4
- The Australian bookplates will have been designed and printed since January 2014
- Because this is the second year in which an International award is offered the Bookplates submitted may have been produced since 2010.
3. All graphic art techniques are permitted including photography and computer based design.
4. Bookplates usually exists as multiples for use within the owner’s library, therefore evidence of replication must be verified and only printed bookplates will be accepted. Original drawings, original designs and photocopies will be excluded.
5. Three copies of each bookplate must be submitted together with the official entry form. Each of the three Bookplates submitted must be signed in pencil by the artist.
6. A Bookplates collector or any other person may submit on behalf of an artist… if such a Bookplate design wins an award, the prize will go to the artist. Therefore the artist must be both living and contactable and this is a strict condition.
7. All bookplates become the property of the Trust by donation. No compensation will be made by the Trust for any bookplates submitted to the competition. These bookplates may be donated to an educational institution or public library or may be disposed of to raise funds for the Trust or in any way which the Trustees deem appropriate.
8. The Trustees of the Keith Wingrove Memorial Trust will decide all prizes and will be advised by a three person panel of Judges. The panel of Judges will be assembled from practising artists, designers, collectors and representatives of public libraries. The Judges will have regard to the artistic and technical qualities of the bookplates, as well as originality and merit as a mark of ownership, which combines concept, image and text. The decision of The Trustees will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The Trustees and the Judges reserve the right not to award prizes in any one section or category, at their discretion.
10. Finalist entries will be displayed at the State Library of Victoria with a more comprehensive exhibition of the Award winners and the best bookplates will be held at a commercial art gallery in Ballarat, Victoria.
11. Applications for the Australian Bookplate Design Award must be submitted on the official Application Form available here for or by request from The Trustees by contacting Robert C. Littlewood, PO. Box 7, Central Park, Victoria 3145 AUSTRALIA or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. All information about dates, current addresses and locations will be posted on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AustralianBookplateDesignAward
13. All Bookplate entries for the Australian Bookplate Design Award 2015 must be sent with the official down-loadable entry form directly to The Keith Wingrove Memorial Trust.